In an earlier post, I wrote about better nutrition and taste as reasons to be part of a CSA.
But you also get the warm, fuzzy feelings that come from “voting with your wallet” and “being part of the solution” for some important issues.
- Reducing energy used to transport food
- Improving the health of the soil and everything it’s connected to
- Making local, sustainable farming a feasible career choice
- Not giving (as much of) your money to industrial agriculture
- Keeping money in the community
- Knowing where your food comes from
- Promoting good family meals at home
- Protecting vital farming knowledge for the future
What do you think of these? Which are most important to you? Got some others?